Franchise Ball News

Vegas odds now here!

Nov 26th 2017 By Franchise Ball

Individual game odds are now here!  Each game will now have vegas style money lines associated with them. You will now be able to view game odds before a game begins on individual game pages!

Odds are calculated twice.  The first odd line is calculated when games are scheduled and again when games are simulated the hour before each game begins.  The 2nd calculation may change, as this one calculates odds based on the game pitcher and roster.  The first run is calculated based on game probables.  These can be used to determine favorites, but it is not, I repeat, it is NOT a reliable factor for game outcomes, just as real vegas odds.  The odds are based on an algorithm that generates spectator observation based on record and player stats with expected performance.

For those of you less familiar with vegas money lines, they work as follows. The team displayed is the *favored* team to win based on vegas betting (simulated by franchise ball of course). -100 indicates 50/50 odds (a wager of $100 would win $100). -200 means 2 to 1 odds meaning the bettor needs to bet $200 to win $100 if they bet on the favorite (underdog = 33% chance, thus betting $100 on the underdog would win $200). -300 means a 75% observed chance for the favorite (25% for underdog). As a final example, -1000 would mean a 1 in 10 chance for the underdog. (A bettor on this game could win $1000 on a $100 wager), and so forth.

These odds are part of an upcoming feature which will allow owners to wager game currency on games to earn extra income if they so choose.  Owners will be able to bet on the favorite or the underdog team. When released, this will be available for Basic and Premium subscribers only.  Viewing game lines will continue to be available for free teams.  We hope this features makes franchise ball more exciting, and give teams an edge in determining potential outcomes.  We encourage you to use the vegas lines for analysis, but again encourage you to use these at your own risk for predicting actual outcomes.  Franchise Ball game odds are as reliable as real vegas odds, a useful observational tool.

We hope you enjoy this new feature, and please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.  Our wagering feature for subscribers will be available in the near future.  So stay tuned!  And good luck to all in season 56!

News Conversation
No comments have been posted